Hiring a truck is one of the best ways to get your truck rental business going. It provides you with a lot of room and is the most convenient method for many customers. But there are things you should keep in mind before hiring a truck.
If you’re not going to use a leased vehicle as your primary vehicle, be sure that the company you rent from offers insurance. The policy should cover damages done by theft, fire, and accidents. Also, find out if the company will provide roadside assistance or if this service costs extra. You may want to provide this service yourself and then bill your clients for it.
It’s important to inquire about the age of the truck you’ll be renting before signing a contract. A newer truck will have better gas mileage than an older one; so if gas costs are high in your area, that can work in your favor.
Your location can affect how much you pay to rent a large vehicle like this because state laws affect what companies can charge. For example, some states require that trucks have a minimum level of coverage in case of an accident while others don’t. This means that what you pay for coverage (which isn’t optional) may vary depending upon where you live and where you need to take your load.
First, you need to be sure of the purpose of hiring a truck. For this reason, you need to determine the number of days that you will be using the truck and how much weight it must carry. This is very important in order to determine the type, size and speed of the truck like North East dropside self drive hire that is required to meet your purpose.
Following are some other considerations when hiring FAW trucks for hire:
- The truck should have enough space for fitting in your requirements.
- It should be able to carry various goods of different sizes.
- The truck should be equipped with mirrors, lights, indicators and all safety measures.
- The truck must be road worthy and in good condition.
- The engine of the vehicle should be capable enough to perform heavy tasks with ease.
- The driver must have enough knowledge about all safety measures while driving a truck on highways or any other roads.
- Drivers should have their own licenses along with the license for operating a commercial vehicle and certificate issued by the transport department.