Filing tax forms can be a rocky road. One wrong turn, and your form ends up being rejected by the IRS. There are a bunch of things that you need to watch out for while e-filing your 2290 form. Let’s take at some of them:
Table of Contents
- Always e-file through an IRS authorized e-filing service provider that offers a wide range of services to meet all your e-filing needs.
- Always review the information that you’ve entered before submitting your form 2290. Filing errors will result in suspension of your 2290 tax form.
- Always apply for a new EIN at least three weeks prior to filing your form 2290. It takes roughly three weeks for the new EIN to be registered in the IRS database. If you e-file your form before the EIN is updated, EIN mismatch error will cause rejection of your form 2290.
- Always enter the correct business details and address that you have used while applying your Employer Identification Number. If you have updated your address, tick the address change box while filing your 2290 form.
- Always ensure proper recordkeeping such as mileage details, First Used month and VIN number. If your vehicle is tax suspended, you need to provide proof that your vehicle has not crossed the mileage limit.
- Avoid choosing manual filing of 2290 form if you are filing in the last minutes as it will take 2, 3 days for your form to reach the IRS office.
- Do not enter your Social security number in place of EIN while filing your form 2290.
- Do not opt for automatic debit of HVUT tax if you do not have enough funds in your account
- Don’t forget to mention the type of vehicle you use. For instance, if you use an agricultural vehicle, you must file and pay 2290 online only if it has a taxable gross weight of over 75,000 lbs.
- Don’t delay your form form 2290 filing. If you file your form 2290 after the deadline, the IRS will impose hefty penalties which will accrue on a monthly basis.
Now that you know the important do’s and don’ts of filing your 2290 form, it is time to e-file your IRS 2290 return without delays. Pick an IRS approved e-filing partner and e-file your form in no time in just minutes.