When it comes to the protection of its passengers, the all-new 2018 Chevrolet Equinox can be counted on all accounts. The Equinox is a huge suite of active safety technologies with adaptive crash-avoidance features to maintain peace of mind for the passengers on road. The safety features in the 2018 model is attached to a strong body structure.
What’s New in 2018
As collected from the Chevrolet dealership in Forest City NC, for 2018 model of Equinox, the safety feature that has made a special appearance is the Surround Vision, that provides a 360-degree view at the vehicle’s perimeter through a bird’s-eye view to help the drivers while parking, reversing or trailering.
This time a few advanced active safety features are installed too in order to enhance the driver awareness while crossing crucial areas. This includes a radar-camera-based adaptive technology to create alerts by sensing potential threats. With the help of this technology the driver gets to react fast and take the necessary actions.
Alerts and Indicators
The 2018 Equinox safety features include the following alert, notification and indicators to avoid probable crashes:
- Surround Vision
- Forward Collision Alert with Following Distance Indicator
- Safety Alert Seat
- Low-Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Alert
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Seat Reminder
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- IntelliBeam headlamps offering automatic high-beam control.
Additional safety features
Here are few Additional safety features to be found in the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox:
- Safety belts with retractor and lap pretensioners for both the driver-and front-passenger positions.
- Load limiters for the front safety belt
- LATCH system for the rear child seat
- Sensing system for the front passengers
- Rollover sensing and protection system
- A collapsible pedal assembly to protect against any injuries
- Monitoring system for tire pressure and daytime running lamps
- Strong body structure with high-strength steel cage in key areas to prevent any forceful intrusion into the rear or front passenger compartment.
Driver Assistance Features
To help the drivers on road the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox is well equipped with the following features:
ABS brakes can automatically sense whenever a tire stops rotating because of extreme brake application and modulate the brake pressure to enable the rotation.
Stability control is installed to automatically sense the vehicle handling limits. It reduces the supply of engine power or applies select brakes to gain back the control of the vehicle.
These airbags are designed to protect the head of the driver and the passengers if there is a frontal crash.
Side impact airbags
The Side impact airbags are placed near the front seats to protect the torso of the driver and the passenger during collision that has more of a side impact.
According to the Chevy dealer experts, the seatbelt pretensioners are made to tighten the seatbelts automatically to achieve the optimal seating position for the passenger during a collision.
The Bottom Line
The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox has been equipped with every means of safety and precautionary system that can anticipate, detect and protect the car occupants from any unwanted intrusion and possibility of a collision.